This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (KJV 118:24)
How often do we complain about what is happening to us, in our world or in the world, without realizing what the “Lord” actually is?
Charles Fillmore wrote, “The Lord, is the spiritual law of our Christ Self expressing.
When you are, or I am, being truly authentic in what we think, say and do, we are aware that we are making this day and everything in it for us.
Recently I read in “The I of The Storm” by Gary Simons. “Nothing in life can be against you.” Phew! He goes on to explain that everything is a challenge for us to “Come up higher.” A guy, about 2,000 years ago, Jesus ben Joseph, went up into the mountain to pray, an example for us, when we are faced with any situation, to “Come up higher,” where we see life from a higher point of view.
How does this work? Take a moment to look at “The” world. What do you see?
Now take a moment to look at “your” own world, family, friends, even enemies if you have any. What do you see there?
Finally, what is going on within you? Do you “Love the Lord your God….? And Your neighbor as yourself?” If you do, your world is filled with love, your love, expressing.
If you do not “Love the Lord your God,” the way that you are relating to and expressing your self is how you are seeing your world.
The first step to changing your world is to change the way that you see yourself, and your world. And how is this done? RADAR.
- Recognize: the situation external or internal that is upsetting you.
- Accept: the situation exactly as you see it. (Do not depress your feelings.)
- Deny: power to the situation. Nothing has power “over” you. You empower it.
- Affirm: what you want to experience in the situation.
- Receive: “Before they call I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” - (Isa.65:24)
- Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. - (Psalm 133)
In loving unity
Currently USTC Mentor.